The UM Accessibility Training Courses are available through Blackboard and are made up of modules that focus on specific topics related to accessibility. You can choose which modules you would like to complete based on your own needs and responsibilities. Blackboard access is automatically available to all Ole Miss faculty, staff, and students using your webID and password. Register here to be added to the UM Accessibility Course that is right for you!
Modules Include Information about:
- Understanding Impairments & the Impact of Accessibility
- Creating an Accessible MS Word Document
- How to Caption Recorded Videos
- Understanding Law & Policy Governing Accessibility in Higher Education
- Maintaining an Accessible Social Media Presence
Which training should I sign up for?
- Web: Includes information about accessibility basics, social media features, as well as a deeper dive into website accessibility. Individuals who are involved in website management, IT, marketing/communications, etc. may need this training.
- Basics: Includes information about accessibility basics and social media features. Individuals who need general information and/or are making social media posts may need this training.